If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Sites, your ability to participate in a race or the availability of any prizes offered on or through the Sites.
1. Collection of personal information
We collect your personal information when you use our Sites and participate in a race.
Personal information: The type of information we collect from you or from third parties (such as your social media account or accounts), may include:
· your name;
· images of you;
· your gender;
· your contact details including email address, mailing or street address and telephone number;
· social media account details;
· your age or date of birth;
· demographic information such as postcode;
· preferences and opinions;
· information about your running routes (including their location) or your participation in any races;
· information you provide to us through customer surveys (if we send you a survey to complete);
· your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour;
· additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our Sites, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
· any other information requested by us and/or provided by you.
Your use of our Sites: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Sites, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Sites, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider
Your opinion and feedback: We’re constantly developing and improving, so from time to time we may contact you to respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Giving us your feedback is optional and you do not need to participate in surveys or market research if you do not want to.
2. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
· to enable you to access and use our Sites and associated social media platforms;
· to enable the functionality of our mobile application and to allow you to participate in races;
· to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you;
· to contact and communicate with you;
· for internal record keeping;
· for analytics, market research and business development including to operate and improve our Sites and associated social media platforms;
· for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing materials.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
· credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
· courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
· third parties, including sponsors, agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, prizes, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
· third parties to collect and process data such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
4. Data reports
We may also monitor, analyse and compile statistical and performance information based on and/or related to your use of the Sites, in an aggregated and anonymised format (Analytics). Please note that we provide Analytics to our third party sponsors. When providing Analytics to our third party sponsors, we always ensure that the Analytics:
· do not contain any information that would be able to identify you; and
· are not compiled using a sample size small enough to mean that you were identifiable.
5. How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. In referring to ‘sensitive information’ we mean information that relates to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices and criminal records, health information or biometric information.
The type of sensitive information that we may collect include health information including, but not limited to, your height, weight and fitness levels.
We will not collect sensitive information about you without first obtaining your consent.
In the event that you provide your consent, sensitive information will only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, including:
· To allow you to participate in races, and to give you feedback on our mobile application regarding your performance during a race; and
· data analytics and market research purposes.
If we ever use sensitive information for data analytics and market research purposes, we always anonymise and aggregate this data so that you are not identifiable.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
6. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below.
7. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
8. Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Sites from time to time. Web beacons or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
9. Links to other websites
For any questions or notice, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Bolt For Gold Proprietary Ltd (ACN 614 977 338)
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 7 November 2018
LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd owns the copyright in this document and use without permission is prohibited.